In 1906 Kyogle was part of the Casino parish and in the care of Monsignor Ahearn. A site for the church was required. Negotiations were begun, and the Kyogle estate donated a block of land. In a relatively short space of time, the building was completed, and his Lordship, Most Rev. Doctor J. Doyle, opened and blessed it in the presence of a representative gathering on 17th November 1906.